Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Want to Live Here


The older I get, the more I consider home decor alongside bodily decor (clothes, I mean!). As of right now I live in a five bedroom Victorian house with four other people, and I just don't have the budget to decorate, especially in such a large space. But that doesn't mean that I don't dream...and pin.

Years ago my pins consisted of airy white, black and gold spaces, which we all know is very in vogue these days, but the funny thing is my actual decor has always been vintage-inspired, colorful and warm. Those all white spaces, while they look pretty, don't just look impractical, but also just look so cold! These days, I'm shifting towards a mix of vintage and boho home spaces, and the era of my vintage inspiration is shifting from over-the-top French inspired furniture (I am Egyptian, after all) to smaller, sleeker shapes from the 60s. Hopefully one day I'll have the space, time, and money to take this vision and make it a reality. In the meantime, let's all just enjoy this pinspiration.

The only room I have been able to dedicate some time and money to in my house is my own room, of course. I really only decorated half of it before I ran out of steam and money. Really, it's a work in progress. I am very particular about what I bring into it, and much of it is vintage,  purchased via Craigs List, garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores. Naturally, it's been a slow process. I'll take some photos and show you guys sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment