Saturday, December 1, 2012

Currently Coveting: Glamourous Gowns


Tadashi Shoji

Adrianna Papell

Tadashi Shoji

"Currently Coveting" is a misleading title for this blog post. It should be called "Currently Needing," as I am currently searching for a dress to my EBFF's (Egypt BFF) wedding. Egyptian weddings are dressier than American weddings, and everyone wears gowns. When I was younger, any old sparkly number from the juniors section of Macy's would work, but now that I'm a little bit old I try and attend these events with a bit more sophistication and a touch of old school Hollywood glamour. I don't think I am going to buy any of these dresses for the event to be honest - the first would be too hard to dance in (and it's sold out), the second is a little too bare though it is absolutely stunning, and the third is a little...well, older than I think I want to look. But anyway, just some ideas!

On a totally unrelated note, I'd feel really great in a Tadashi Shoji gown. I love his designs and seeing his show during New York Fashion Week was honestly such a treat. It might sound lame, but I just feel like it would be really neat to wear a dress from a designer whose show I got to witness, even if it isn't the same season.

No comments:

Post a Comment