Thursday, May 3, 2012

LuckyFABB West

A little bit late, but I just wanted to tell you guys what a wonderful time I had attending LuckyFABB,  the fashion and beauty blogger conference put on by Lucky Magazine. On Sunday I attended the pre-FABB brunch and on Monday we sat through amazing panels of some of fashion's most distinguished figures - such as Zac Posen, Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power of Who What Wear, Geri Hirsch of Because I'm Addicted and Jeff Rudes of J Brand. I have had such a crush on Zac Posen ever since the famous Nataloe Portman red dress, so I nearly died seeing him. He is as adorable and pleasant as I imagined.

I also enjoyed the insights of other speakers such as Jessica Alba, Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster!), Elizabeth Banks and Randi Zuckerberg.

 A few observations
  1. Jessica Alba is adorable! Way more adorable on person than on screen (come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen anything she's been in). I really admire her aspiration to make a product line of baby gear that is all eco- and baby-friendly. Most celebrities would just opt for perfume, as she mentioned. My only wish was that she didn't call herself "dumb." Even though I am sure she was joking, she did herself such a disservice considering that she obviously isn't. Her company is called The Honest Company.
  2. I love Elizabeth Bank's wit and sharp humor!
  3. Punky Brewster! AHHH!!! I mean muther-effing-Punky-Brewster in the house! I don't think you guys realize how important that show was to me during my childhood. I couldn't believe it.
  4. Zappos put on the most amazing and elaborate display of...well, everything. I wish I could have lived in the House of Zappos.
  5. A beloved basics brand, Michael Stars, was present and I got  a swag bag which I ended up wearing the very next day and have worn pretty much all this week...and much to my surprise, when I got back to work on Wednesday I saw that I had received an e-mail saying I had won their raffle for an Xbox with Kinect. I know I'm not the first person to say I have never won anything before...but seriously! I guess I can't say it anymore! I am beyond stoked!
  6. Lucky Magazine editor-in-chief Brandon Holley always looks so stunning
  7. ...But seeing Twitter star John Jannuzzi was the real treat! I follow his tweets so closely it was so strange to be in the same room as him (and Punky Brewster!)
  8. Randi Zuckerberg. That's all I have to say. That and I loved when she mentioned that she graduated from Harvard..."I only say that because I have a sibling who did not!"
  9. Hanging out with new and old blogger friends was extremely rad.
  10. Thanks to P&G beauty for giving us so much cool gear! I walked away with blush, lipstick, mascara, and a Venus razor. I've only used the razor so far...it looks and feels so different from the older model I previously owned.
 
   
Many thanks to the event sponsors including Zappos, Miss Me, Olay, CoverGirl, Venus, Michael Stars, Jelly Pop, Tacori and LeSportSac.

No comments:

Post a Comment