Friday, May 18, 2012

Current Obsessions: Chanel Resort 2013


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
Images via Vogue 
 
I am beyond obsessed with the Chanel Resort 2013 line. The second I viewed it, my jaw dropped to the floor and I still haven't been able to pick it up. The collection has be likened to a modern day Marie Antoinette, and Karl himself called it "Coco rock, not rococo," a description I like a lot particularly because people kept saying it had rococo accents (which it indeed does). I'm willing to bet money that the particular inspiring genre of rock was 90s - I can see it in the chunky creepers (Chanel creepers! Who would have thought!), double C stickers on faces, and pastel colored hair. I love how this collection still harkens back to classic Chanel though with ladylike skirts and tweed. It's a pastel colored dream, and without any qualms, I can say my favorite two pieces are the last two dresses in this series.  I wonder who will wear it on the red carpet. I can't imagine a lady elegant enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment