Tuesday, May 15, 2012

035: DIY Dip-Dye Shirt






Photobucket Photobucket

Plaid shirt - Thrifted and DIYed, Nirvana Shirt - Vintage, Mint jeans - BDG, Combat Boots - Style & Co. (similar here), Sunnies - Ray-Ban, Tassle Necklace - Gorjana c/o 

Can we please talk about my old-new favorite Nirvana shirt? Only after we talk about my old-new DIY Dip-Dye plaid shirt! I thrifted this from the men's section of my local thrift store for $2, and with some $2 dye, a tutorial from Refinery29 (with my own revisions), some laundry detergent, and salt, this is what I did. People have been dip-dying plain shirts so I decided to go for a nice grungy plaid. I love the royal blue and the fact that I achieved a slight ombre to it.

Now, this vintage Nirvana t-shirt. I am 99% certain it's vintage and not some sort of re-creation. I stumbled upon it at Crossroads for a mere $7.50, and since I have a no nirvana shirt left behind rule (meaning if I can afford it, I have to buy it), I took it home. I love the color scheme. My other Nirvana shirts are blue and gray, so a basic white is nice.

 Also, three cheers for neon shoe laces. I decided to up the ante on my combat boots by replacing the basic black with a neon yellow/green. I'm loving it.

Lastly, I know I said I'd chill on the mint jeans, but I'm sorry, I just can't!

P.S. Today is my birthday! I think I'm officially at an age where I should start lying about exactly how old I am. How old  do you think I am? 

2 comments:

  1. you should never lie about how old you are! it's always better to look good as a true 27 (?) year old than look strangely aged for a 16 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!! I love the dip dye patterned shirt, such a good idea! <3

    Meghan
    outoforderdesign.com

    ReplyDelete