Thursday, May 10, 2012

034: Dainty



Photobucket Photobucket

Pants - Asos, Shirt - Theme, Sunnies - House of Harlow 1960, Bag - Pour La Victoire, Hair tie - Anthropologie, Necklace - Gorjana c/o, Shoes - Karen Millen, Watch - Vintage Timex

This outfit made me feel so girly...quite the opposite really of my last outfit post. The shirt reminded me of the first fashion internship I applied for. I  was in college and at the time wanted to go into news journalism but I really was looking for any internship that would allow me to write. I stumbled upon one for  a fashion internship and applied. I guess I looked good on paper (at least up until that point!) because they got back to me and asked me for a fashion writing sample. Well, I didn't have any. So they asked me just to write something really brief on a current trend. The problem was that I didn't care for trends...I didn't really follow fashion. Like at all. I wore army jackets and I had a purse made of duct tape. Really, me working there would have been some real Devil Wears Prada shit! I searched online about trends and found something called the arts and crafts trend, which was embodied in embroidered shirts like this, funky wooden jewelry...basically things that looked hand made. I wrote a really generic piece on the trend that displayed But unlike the movie, I didn't get in of course! 
Regardless, I do like the embrodiery on this shirt, even though I'm not totally sold on the baby doll style. What I am totally sold on is high waist, cropped, wide leg pants and my new Pour La Victoire box bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment