Tuesday, March 20, 2012

024 Wear Your Greens


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
Jeans - BDG, Shirt - Moth, Heels - Kenzie, Belt - Vintage, Necklace - Etsy, Bag - Vintage Coach, Watch - Vintage Timex, Sunnies - Ray-Ban
I thought this was a good outfit to post in honor of St. Paddy's day...you know, how it was a few days ago! I try to always take trends with a grain spoonful of salt, but I have to admit I want to ride the pastel jean look. Last time colored denim came around, the colors were super bright and I just couldn't hang. The colored jeans of now are coming in muted shades of pink, yellow, green, and blue...and this, this I like. Here I decided to wear a full on pastel outfit. You can't really see it, but these adorable straw heels have the sweetest floral pattern on them, and I love this Moth top because it seems as if it has a faux collar to it. What I think really pulls the outfit together though is the belt. This vintage bow belt is my roommate's and I think the bold green color makes the outfit look a tad more serious rather than Easter egg.

On another note, after I finally purchased the House of Harlow 1960 cuff I had be obsessing over, I came to a realization. The thing is, all of us need a little bit of instant gratification every once in a while. But after buying this bracelet, I realized what may make us happier is buying something we've been thinking about for a while. Instant gratification purchases sometimes end up being items we love and keep for ever, but I think a lot more of those purchases end up in my closet unworn, tags and all - meaning, ultimately, instant gratification purchases end up being not that gratifying at all.

The mere purchase of the bracelet has made me really happy, and even though it hasn't shipped yet, I feel so giddy and can't wait to receive it! I feel like we live in a culture where we're programed to buy instantaneously. But I think that if we spent a little bit more time thinking about of purchases, in the end we'd be happier and have fuller pocketbooks.

Anyway, this is just my little theory based on an unscientific study with a sample size of one (me).

Of course, every once in a while I feel like people (or is it just me) get an urge to just buy...shopping spree style. When I feel like this, I always head to a thrift store or a buy-sell-trade store. You can get a lot more bang for your buck and in general spend a lot less, for a lot more. But I guess that doesn't matter if you make more money than me.

3 comments:

  1. I love your outfit , you are gorgeous Following you now
    xo
    http://minnieonfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovley outfit and I am in looove with your shirt!

    accidentallyblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete