Tuesday, March 13, 2012

022: Black, White, and Acne





PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Jeans - BDG, shirt - from Walmart actually!, Boots - Ugg, Bag - Ted Baker, Sunnies - House of Harlow 1960, Jacket - DIYed Gap, belt - Forever21, Bracelet - Vintage 

When my best friend gave me this jacket before she moved to China, I devised a plan for it. It was a long, full-intact denim trench - really dated and stuffy looking. I was obsessed with Acne Resort 2012's closing look, which featured a long denim jacket that was so cut and shredded at the elbows and shoulders, it seemed as if it was going to snap off the model and fall to the floor, mid-walk. It didn't though and we all survived...but the thing is, I still wanted the jacket. A bit of snipping, cutting, sanding, and washing later and I had my faux Acne jacket! The studs were a bit I added that weren't present in the original, which you can see here. It's not something I get to wear as often as I like because there are so few occasions in my life that warrant a destroyed, studded jacket. But I still love it.

Also, I'm incredibly stoked today because Gilt Group finally had a House of Harlow 1960 sale and I was able to score the cuff bracelet I've been wanting. It actually feels really good to have waited as opposed to paying full price or getting a knock off. I've probably been wanting it for close to a year but I held off because I knew it would get to Gilt eventually. It almost feels like an accomplishment as a result. Anyway, I cannot wait to receive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment