Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Currently Coveting: Socks!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Images via B. Jones Style, Jean Greige, Sock Fashionista, Vogue.com, Style.com

I think it all started when I saw a little girl in the mall shopping with her mom about a year ago. I don't remember what she was wearing except for what was on her feet - white keds and pink socks, scrunched down to her ankles. I liked it. I decided I would try it. True story, I style my socks after an 8-year-old I saw in a mall in a California 'burb.

But apparently I'm not the only one who channels 8-year-olds. It helps that Char-Ron had it all over her 2011 runway too, and apparently some of the rest of the world is coming to the sock-side. I still prefer my socks to be scrunched into oxfords or flat booties with some cropped pants or a midi dress, but I am also digging the socks with sandals, socks with creepers. I can even live with unscrunched in heels, like Ms. Preetma Singh's. There even is an entire blog, called Sock Fashionista, dedicated to sock fashion. Check it out (later).

You know what the nice thing is? Such a easy way to revamp your ankles can come cheap. Even Vogue Fashion Assistant, Preetma Singh, is happy to tell you she got hers from Target...which happens to be exactly where I get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment