Thursday, February 2, 2012

008 Modern Grunge

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Duster - American Rag, Dress - H&M, boots - Forever 21, belt - thrifted, necklace - Gorjana c/o, sunglasses - Chloe, Bag - Roots thrifted, scarf - my mom's

I think it might have to do with the fact that I was a child in the midst of the grunge movement. Yeah, I really like 90s music and Nirvana is my favorite band, but I think the reason for my obsession with 90s grunge just stems from a longing for my childhood. Since I can't go back to it, I cling to what's tangible from the era - rock music and 90s-inspired clothing. I think this outfit is a modern play on grunge. I hate when people look at modern grunge and say "Well that's not authentic...those jeans aren't nearly baggy enough." It doesn't have to be the same. There's nothing wrong with improving on the original by making the look slightly less manrepellent, right?

I had my eye on this duster for a long time, but I could bring myself to shell out the money to pay $70 for it. It may be a drop in the bucket for some people, but for me it certainly isn't. You can imagine how stoked I was when I finally found it on clearance for $30!

No comments:

Post a Comment